From Scratch Hot Chocolate with Peppermint CBD Oil
What better to warm you up on a cold winter night than a nice cup of hot chocolate? This comforting hot chocolate with peppermint CBD is made with real milk chocolate and pairs perfectly with curling up on your couch with a warm blanket and a roaring fire.
We use our Peppermint CBD Oil Drops to deliver that classic peppermint taste (which pairs perfectly with peppermints as a topping) and the benefits of CBD oil that you want. When all the gift-buying and preparation for Christmas starts to weigh you down, whip up a mug of this peppermint hot chocolate to melt that stress away and help you enjoy the holiday season.
This hot chocolate is very easy to customize. You can use your favorite type of chocolate (milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate). After you finish making your CBD hot chocolate, you can make it more decadent by adding fun toppings such as mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, peppermints, chocolate syrup, etc.
If you haven’t already, you can find an instructional video for this recipe on out YouTube Channel here.
*Recipe adapted from The Chunky Chef*
What You’ll Need:
For the hot chocolate:
Whole Milk (1 and ½ cup)
Half and Half (1 and ½ cup)
Your favorite chocolate chips (milk, white, dark)- 1 cup
Cornstarch- (1 or 1 ½ tsp)- optional
Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
Tree of Life Seeds Peppermint CBD Oil Drops (250 mg or 500 mg)
Salt (a dash)
For the toppings:
Peppermints (crushed or whole sticks)
Chocolate Chips (milk, white, dark)
How to Make It:
- Using a medium-size pot, add 1 and ½ cup of whole milk and 1 and ½ cup of half and half. Keep the heat on medium until the milk begins to simmer (before it starts boiling).
- Lower the heat and pour in your chocolate chips of choice. Stir with a spoon or a whisk until the chocolate melts into the milk. Sprinkle a dash of salt into the mixture and stir again.
- Add 1 and ½ tsp of cornstarch, and stir the mixture as you add the cornstarch in. The cornstarch is added to thicken the hot chocolate, but you can leave if it out if you want a thinner consistency.
- Measure out 1 tsp of vanilla extract to add to the hot chocolate mixture. You can also add a little bit of peppermint extract if you have it on hand.
- Keep stirring the hot chocolate until it appears smooth and blended.
- Pour some of the hot chocolate into a mug. Using your bottle of Peppermint CBD Oil Drops, shake well and measure your preferred dosage. We used our 500 mg oil drops (20 mg of CBD per serving), but you can choose how much you want to add to your cup. Stir your hot chocolate to make sure that the CBD oil has blended in.
- Create your own spread of toppings for your hot chocolate, such as peppermints (crushed or whole sticks), mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, etc. Decorate to your heart’s content, and then enjoy your homemade peppermint CBD hot chocolate!