This quinoa salad with CBD dressing is super easy and perfect for those days when you want something healthy and filling. Filled with nutritious ingredients, you can make this recipe for yourself as a quick lunch or as a side on your dinner table.
The dressing for this salad is savory and tangy yet also slightly sweet at the same time. It pairs well with fresh vegetables and the hearty, nutty flavor of the quinoa. The lemon juice and balsamic vinegar help to cut through the richness of the olive oil and honey.
To enhance the flavor of lemon in this salad, we added our Lemon CBD Oil Drops. The oil drops are incorporated into the dressing because fatty oils, such as olive oil, help to increase the body’s ability to absorb CBD. Essentially, it can make the effects of CBD oil feel stronger. So, not only do you get to enjoy a nutritious salad, but you can also have your daily dose of CBD!
This CBD salad is full of ingredients that are high in nutritional value. Quinoa is a whole grain that is naturally gluten-free and full of protein and fiber. It contains 9 essential amino acids and is rich in Vitamin B1, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Manganese, and Folate (Folic Acid). In the dressing, the olive oil packs a nutritious punch. It is high in heart-healthy fatty acids and contains antioxidants and vitamins E and K. Lemon juice is very high in Vitamin C and antioxidants (which are also called flavonoids).
Ultimately, the combination of these healthy ingredients plus fresh vegetables makes this quinoa salad a nutritional powerhouse.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is very customizable. You can substitute any vegetables with your favorites. Don’t like avocado? You can leave it out or swap for another vegetable! This salad would also pair well with nuts, seeds, cheeses, or even dried fruit.
This quinoa salad is also vegetarian-friendly, and it can be made vegan by replacing the honey with a substitute such as agave nectar or pure maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Ingredients you will need:
For the salad base:
- ½ to 1 cup of chilled, cooked quinoa (quantity based on how much quinoa you prefer)
- Chopped spinach leaves*
- Chopped cucumbers*
- Halved cherry tomatoes*
- 1 avocado, chopped*
- 2 sliced green onions*
*Quantity ultimately based upon your preference. This salad can also be customized by taking out vegetables or substituting for your favorites.
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 full dropper of Tree of Life Seeds Lemon CBD Oil Drops (250mg or 500mg; feel free to increase or decrease the amount of CBD)
- Prepare quinoa according to instructions on the package. Uncooked quinoa needs to be boiled in water or broth, but you can use pre-cooked packages of quinoa instead.
- Wash and chop all vegetables and mince garlic.
- Measure out ½ cup to 1 cup of quinoa and add to a bowl.
- Add the amount of each vegetable that you desire to the quinoa bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper (preferably coarse ground salt and pepper, but pre-ground would work just as well). Stir until combined.
- Take your bottle of oil drops and measure out 1ml using the dropper. Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of CBD. Add the dropper of oil to the dressing mixture and stir well to ensure the CBD oil mixes in with the dressing.
- Taste the dressing mixture and adjust the amount of vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper until you are satisfied with the flavor.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture. With a spoon, mix the salad using a folding motion to distribute the CBD dressing evenly.
- Enjoy straight away or chill the salad further by placing in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
You can find the video of us making this salad in our kitchen on YouTube along with all our other Cook with CBD videos!